Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Change In Me

I've been playing WoW for about a year and a half. In that time, I have overturned a lot of preconceived notions about the game in general, the play style and the people that play it; I like to see it as my pixelated spiritual journey. With all of this knowledge gained and stereotypes demolished, you might find it surprising to hear that I still have some very strong ideas about each class and my personal like or dislike for them.

I was raised a Draenei Paladin. She is my love, my heart and soul in this game. A silly moniker, Koconut, but appropriate considering how much I adore the fruit that bears the same name. Just try and kill her! Good luck with those layers of plate and her Edge of Ruin slashing and hacking at her adversaries. Alas, this OP leveling and resistance to death spoiled me. How could I ever have the patience to level a clothie, especially a priest? Sitting down to drink after every fight? Facing certain death should I appear tasty to more than one mob at a time? How tedious and frustrating. I held my closest priest friends in high regard for getting those toons to 80. I didn't do squishy.

The smallest things can change our lives in a big way. Two things made me peek around the corner into clothie camp and take a new look at these classes. Heirlooms and RDF.

The real world calls to me now, so next time I'll let you in on the beginning of my journey from Paladin to Priest.

No comments:

Post a Comment