Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Paladin --> Priest Lesson #1

Paladins wear plate. Priests do not. Really, it should be as simple as that. It's not.

Spend a year in exclusively plate, running balls out into every encounter, barreling into rooms of badies and coming out nearly unscathed and then switch to cloth. Cloth heals, no less. Guess what? You're supposed to stay waaaay back! Healers taste like marshmallows and I've met very few mobs that don't like marshmallows. There is an entirely different attitude when it comes to healing. Even as plate DPS, I was right behind the tank, in the middle of the action, picking up wayward mobs that wanted to eat my precious healer. It's really hard to break that mindset. It's especially hard when I go on a tanking streak with my paladin. Tanks and healers are the protectors of the group, but it in totally different ways.

So, lesson #1: You're no good to anyone dead and if you don't stay back, you will die.

No comments:

Post a Comment